Sunday, October 16, 2011

Update

Well, no pictures today.  I haven't made much terrain lately because I've been working on another project.  FOAM CUTTER!  My dad helped me build a hot wire cutter with plans acquired here - hotwirefoamcutterinfo.com
It was super cheap to build, and it works well!  I may post a video soon with it cutting.  The first model had a guitar string and a whopping 14v DC adapter, which burned out the wire out in about ten minutes.  Later, on a resistance calculator, I discovered it was probably around 2500 degrees at the time (It only has to be around 600 to melt foam).  I now have a 5v (I really need a 6v) adapter, and it's working great!  I will post some terrain pics as soon as I have made some terrain and take pics.  I am going to attempt to make a hobbit hole, I don't know how that will work out yet.

And..... I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment